Position: Registered Nurse Care Manager (RN)
Supervised by: Director of Operations
Current State Registered Nurse license and CPR certification. Graduate of an accredited nursing program. One year of continuous nursing experience or equivalent. Ability to meet bonding criteria. Valid driver’s license, available personal vehicle, and proof of current auto insurance. Concise verbal, written, and organizational skills.
At least one year of Home Health Care experience, or other relevant geriatric nursing experience. Extensive assessment skills. Experience working with JCAHO standards. At least two years of nursing experience, and ACLS certification, in prior nursing career path.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, co-workers, and all supervisors including ability to proficiently follow and process written and verbal instructions in the English language. Hearing and visual capacities sufficient for accurate communication with all patients and co-workers, including assessment and recording of clinical information. The ability to lift, turn, and transfer clients in need.
The RN is responsible for assessing and reassessing the nursing needs, including the physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of clients and their families. The RN develops an appropriate and individual care plan, collaborating with the client’s primary physician as needed, and is responsible for teaching/counseling clients regarding self-care and evaluating client response to care provided. Acting as the clinical care coordinator for assigned individuals/ families, the RN initiates referrals as necessary, supervises and directs Home Companions, Home Health Aides, families, and other caregivers regarding care of the client.
- Adhere to agency infection control and safety procedures by performing and documenting nursing observations, procedures, and interventions in the home according to the established care plan in a safe and competent manner.
- Effectively communicate and interact with clients/caregivers and families in a supportive manner.
- Management of client caseload and associated or other delegated work responsibilities in an effective manner within the resources of the agency and according to agency standards.
- Interpretation of ComForcareSM programs and policies as appropriate to clients and members of the community.
- Participates in the continuing commitment for quality care, including attendance at mandatory agency staff meetings.
- Initiation of the Care Plan including the securing and updating of complete and accurate physician orders on a timely basis.
- Development of Care Plan based on an assessment and identification of the environmental, behavioral, physical, and psychosocial needs of the client/family.
- Teach, coordinate, and supervise family members and other agency personnel (HHAs, companions, nurses, and administrative staff) in the care of the client, which is primarily in the senior care field.
- Evaluate client, family, and agency caregiver(s) response and compliance with care. Update the Care Plan to reflect changes in the client/family needs, abilities, and resources every three months.
- Interpret and document, on a timely basis, nursing care provided to ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies, including all client clinical records.
You will need Adobe Reader to view the forms. It can be downloaded here.